Wednesday, May 31, 2017

River Clean Up Reflection

The river clean up was organized on National River Clean-up Day, and the site I visited was the one in San Jose near Westmont High School. A couple of students from my sixth period class was their including Shreya and Jayne. When I thought about a river clean up, I had imagined cleaning up an actual river full of trash, but at the site, most of the work we did was no where near the water.

I relate this to what my seventh grade teacher, Mrs. Chapman, said about the river near her house, and how on some days, she would find lawn chairs and old umbrellas and other misselanouc objects. I suppose I had thought this clean up would be similar to that, however, there was barely any water in the river. A lot of trash we picked up was plastic bottle pieces, as well as food wrappers. In the end, we had a stack of five half full trash-bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment